Ottawa Branch is one of over 30 Branches of the Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS). The Branch is “responsible” for Carleton, Lanark, Renfrew, Prescott and Russell Counties in Ontario. The Branch consists of members who seek and share information about family history. Its mission is “To encourage, assist and bring together all those interested in the pursuit of family history.” If you want to discover more about your family origins, or how and where to locate information about your ancestors, hundreds of our members will be there to help you.
- Gene-O-Rama Research Room – Saturday, 29 FebWe have held a Research Room at Gene-O-Rama for as long as I can remember but we no longer have space in the Confederation Education Centre. So, in cooperation with the Ottawa Public Library, we have moved the Research Room to a new place and new … Read more
- Gene-O-Rama Registration is AvailableOnline and mail in registration is now available. Visit the Gene-O-Rama pages to see what exciting programme, speakers and marketplace we will April 3 – April 4 in Ottawa.
- Welcome to Our New SiteThis is the new site of the Ottawa Branch of the Society. We hope you like it. Like many new things, there will be some problems. Some of your favourites will be in new places and some may be missing. Please let us know what you … Read more
- What Can I Do?It’s sure nice to hear that at a meeting: What can I do to help the Branch? Some of us have been on the Board for several years. Check the list in the latest issue of The Ottawa Genealogist to see what positions are vacant. If … Read more
- Volunteer OpportunitiesLooking for a new challenge for the future? Here’s a way to expand your genealogical network. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity, your assistance would be appreciated.